Who else is balancing the stress of a pandemic with a healthy amount of unhealthy treats? Shout out to sweets for always making me feel better and helping me escape boredom… this recipe especially. It’s so f*cking good, and probably the best brownie recipe I’ve tried up to this point. These babies have a nice and firm, almost-crunchy outside, with a soft gooey middle that pairs fantastically with a fat scoop of ice cream. Hello, comfort food. The recipe is borrowed from My Darling Vegan, made by the lovely Sarah.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess paper hang over the edges. Spray parchment paper with cooking oil. Or lightly oil your 8×8 baking pan.
- Prepare the flax eggs by mixing the flax and water, and setting aside.
- Fill a pot with a couple inches of water and bring to a boil. In a medium heat-safe bowl combine vegan butter, sugars, cocoa powder, and salt. Place on top of the pot – the bottom of the bowl should not touch the water – and remove from heat. You can also use a double boiler. Stir butter/sugar mixture occasionally until the butter has melted completely. Meanwhile, mix together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- Stir in vanilla extract and flax “eggs” to the butter/sugar mixture. Add the flour and baking soda and stir vigorously until well combined; the batter will be very thick. Once well combined, transfer into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until mostly set. They should be slightly underdone.
- Remove brownies from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
5 thoughts on “Vegan Ultra Chewy & Delicious Brownies”
Yum, these vegan brownies look really good! I just had to leave a follow 🙂
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you! 😀 If you give them a try, let me know how they turn out!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Looks delicious! I’ve bee stress baking (and eating) more than usual this year too 😆
I’m glad I’m not the only one haha
I will pass these on to my future daughter-in-law once I try them. She’s a vegan.
LikeLiked by 1 person