Who loves french toast?! I know I do, carbs are my friend.
This recipe is pretty easy, not too many ingredients, and delicious. I had it while I was camping with the fam up by Yosemite. It was really smokey because of all the wildfires, but still beautiful.
This recipe combines banana, coconut, and cinnamon, how much better can it get?
Check out that yummy goodness. Topped with blueberries, coconut flakes, and 100% pure maple syrup. Served with a side of nature.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon (more if desired)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of day old bread, sliced (I used sourdough)
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- coconut flakes
- maple syrup
- Mash your banana in a container that is large enough to dip a slice or two of bread in, really try to minimize clumps. Mix in coconut milk, stirring it, add the cinnamon and vanilla extract, getting it to be as smooth as possible.
- Warm up the butter on medium/low heat on your pan or skillet, to help with sticking, or cooking spray if you have it.
- Dip your bread, covering both sides, and place on the skillet, don’t lift it too early or it might get stuck and scrape off, leave for minimum a minute before checking. It will be close to three minutes per side, to reach a golden color. What helped me was seeing if the batter on the edges of the bread changed to a darker tan color. Make sure your heat isn’t too high too, I wouldn’t go past medium, that way your bread cooks through with the batter and you don’t burn it
- Flip and continue with the rest of the slices, add more butter or spray if needed.
- Top the deliciousness with coconut flakes, blueberries, and maple syrup
- Eat up!