Please try this. I’m telling you, if you crave to feel comfort and love in a bite of food, you’ll be happy with this recipe. It’s so tasty and warm and full of flavor. I can’t EVEN. Serve with a side of buttered up garlic bread, omggggg.
This amazing recipe is borrowed from the lovely Deryn at, Running on Real Food.
- 1 medium white onion, about 2 cups diced (300 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 rib celery, chopped, about 1/2 cup (85 g)
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash (350 g)
- 1/2 cup light or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Add the onion, garlic and celery to a large soup pot with 2-3 tbsp vegetable broth.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes until softened and fragrant. If the pot dries out, add a few more splashes of broth.
- Add the curry powder and cumin, stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a light simmer.
- Lightly simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes until the butternut squash and lentils are tender.
- Carefully scoop out 2 cups of the soup and add to a blender. Puree until smooth the pour back into the pot.
- Enjoy right away or store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days. It can also be frozen for up to months.