I’m going to start enjoying my salads more, which leads me to find better-for-you dressings that aren’t full of oil… This is one of them. I feel like it can really go with anything, even make it a pasta topper, but so far I’ve only had it on my veggie bowl and that was bomb af. Shout out to Nora for the great recipe from Nora Cooks.
- 1 1/2 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c water
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 c parsley, lightly packed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- You will need a high powered blender such as a Vitamix for best results. First, soak the cashews in very hot water for at least 5 minutes, longer if desired. I do this by boiling water in my tea kettle and pouring it over the cashews in a bowl or measuring cup.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews, then add them to your blender, along with the water, lime juice, maple syrup and salt. Blend until very smooth.
- Add the fresh herbs and onions to the blender and pulse or blend to combine. I prefer to pulse it so you can still see some tiny flakes of the herbs, but you could blend it until very smooth as well.
- You can serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 5 days. It may thicken a bit in the refrigerator, so thin it with water if desired. Enjoy that sh*t.