Cue the stress eating, this year is so overwhelming, I need a distraction and what better way to distract than with some new recipes full of comfort. This curry surprised me, since I just threw together a few ingredients, have never cooked with curry, and wasn’t sure what I was doing, it turned out great!
I used full fat coconut milk because ya girl wants to get them gains, but you can most def sub in light coconut milk. This baby also uses just 10 ingredients and is ready to eat in less than 30 minutes… what a f*cking delight. So, if you’re short on time but still want something tasty for dinner, give it a try.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 c butternut squash
- 1 c peas
- 1 can of coconut milk (I used full fat, but you can sub light)
- 2 1/2 tbsp vindaloo curry spice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- prepared basmati rice, cooked according to package
- In a large saute pan, heat up the oil over medium heat, add in the squash and peas. Saute about 2-3 minutes, and then add in the coconut milk, all the spices, and give it a good stir. Bring to a simmer, add the chickpeas, and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender. You can check this by piercing with a fork, once tender, it’s ready to eat.
- Serve over a bed of basmati rice. Enjoy that sh*t.