I think I have a cauliflower addiction. I eat so much of it, but it’s just so versatile! This is a new recipe I got from mealz.com and let me tell you, sooooo good. I ate way too much. I always get scared using batter because sometimes I really mess those recipes up, but this one was really simple and turned out great.
This recipe does take some time to put together, so planning ahead and making sure you have about an hour to put it together and then cook is important! Trust me though, it’s so worth it.
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1.5 c almond/soy milk
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil/grapeseed oil
- 3/4 c vegan buffalo sauce
Vegan Buffalo Sauce
- 3/4 c hot sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil/grapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut cauliflower into big bite-size florets (see more pics on my blog). Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup flour, 1.5 cups milk (2% dairy milk or unsweetened non-dairy milk), 1 teaspoon each salt and garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon each paprika and pepper, and 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Dip florets into batter, gently shake off excess. Place on baking sheet in a single layer with as much space between florets as possible.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Gently flip. Cook for another 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the buffalo sauce (if using). Combine 2 tablespoons coconut oil, 3/4 cup hot sauce and 1/4 tsp garlic powder in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- When cauliflower is finished, allow to cool slightly then add to a mixing bowl. Pour sauce (in this case buffalo) over the “wings” and gently toss to coat. Bake for another 10 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did!