It’s that time of the month where I want to devour all and any type of sweets… TMI?
These chocolate chip cookies are sooo fluffy, which is strange because the recipe I was referencing had somewhat flat cookies. I think what happened was I had 1/4 c extra flour, so up to you if you want fluffier or more doughy cookies.
I’m sure fluffy or flat, these cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth. They did mine. Even the cookie dough was amazing, I probably could have made a few more cookies, had I not eaten so much.
If the dough is a little sticky when you are trying to roll it into balls, try refrigerating for 10-15 minutes or you can add flour.
This recipe is from Vedged Out.
- 1/2 cup vegan butter at room temperature (earth balance buttery sticks or homemade: Bryanna Clark Grogan, Miyoko Schinner and veganbaking.com have good recipes for homemade vegan butter)
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chickpea brine (from a can of chickpeas, or the liquid from any other can of white beans)
- 1 1/4 cups organic all purpose unbleached flour (or whole wheat pastry flour, for GF use all purpose flour GF flour add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum if xanthan gum isn’t an ingredient in the flour )
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips (I like 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, (or in your stand mixer) Cream the butter and the sugars with an electric beater. Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and chickpea brine. Beat to combine.
- Add the flour and beat until well mixed. If the cookie dough seems too wet, add an additional tablespoon or two of flour and mix till combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet, I use this medium sized cookie scoop. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden. Let cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool for several minutes more. Store in an airtight container for up to five days. Makes about 24 cookies.