You can’t lie, this sh*t looks gooood, and it is. Super easy to put together and pretty quick. I’m on a big time soyrizo kick, all my breakfasts’ have it in there.
I cheated and used frozen hashbrowns, but can you blame me?! I don’t have time to shred potatoes and all that. So, I say you should get the frozen kind too. (;
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 package of frozen hashbrowns
- sprinkle of garlic powder and black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 package of soyrizo
- 1/2 package of firm tofu
- cilantro for topping
- In a medium sized pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium high, once hot add the hashbrowns, garlic powder, and black pepper. Allow to cook at least 4-5 minutes before you toss to mix. Avoid using a spatula, but after you toss, you’ll cook another five without touching, toss, cook another 5 and repeat that process until they’re cooked and crispy to your liking, add olive oil when you need it.
- While your hashbrowns cook, in another medium/large sized pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add in all of the veggies, cooking for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the soyrizo, and break in the tofu. You’ll use your hands to crumble it in, and then mix everything together and cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring here and there until it’s all heated up and ready to serve!!
- A layer of hashbrowns and then a layer of the veggie and soyrizo scramble! Top with cilantro and anything else you want, enjoy!