A new fave to stuff in my face. Full of flavor flave and protein, these will fill you up and satisfy. Not too many ingredients, and anybody can put it together.
I used to love chorizo and eggs, the squishy texture and all that flaaaavor! I was able to recreate it with tofu and soyrizo (from ALDI), add it with roasted potatoes, avo, and black beans you got yourself a bomb af breakfast.
Pretty easy to put together and using soyrizo you don’t get all the random bits of random pork that would come in chorizo so it’s exponentially better for you without losing taste.
Tofu and Soyrizo Scramble
- 2 tbsp veggie broth OR 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 package soyrizo
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast (optional)
Potato and Spinach
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced (smaller than a dime)
- 2 red potatoes, diced (smaller than a dime)
- black pepper to taste
- cumin to taste
- 2 c spinach
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- In a large pan, heat up the olive oil, crumble in the tofu with the juices, it’ll cook off. Add tamari/soy sauce and garlic powder. Cook until some of the liquid has dissolved, about 4-5 minutes. Set aside in a small bowl, you’ll cook the soyrizo later on.
- Wipe out the same pan, add the olive oil, onion, garlic, and jalapenos. Cook until fragrant, 3-4 minutes. Add the potatoes and from now until they are done, avoid stirring and just toss to mix. Add spices. You’ll let them cook 4-5 minutes at a time without touching, toss, let them sit another 4-5 minutes, toss, and repeat this until they are soft and cooked through. It took me about 15-20 minutes. Once they are about done, add the spinach and cook for an additional 30 seconds to minute (wilt the spinach). Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Wipe out the same pan, add the tofu scramble and soyrizo. Mix well, allowing to cook for about 5 minutes, add nutritional yeast and cook additional 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Prepare tortillas, heat up beans and build your tacos!