Holy f*ck this was good. I’m definitely a fan of jackfruit and love how it pulls apart so nicely. Very weird that it’s a fruit though…
This recipe is soooo easy like all I had to do was prepare the coleslaw. It’s one of my more simple and easy recipes, very suiting for a lazy ass day of not wanting to meal prep and cook an extravagant meal but still feel satisfied. My (non-vegan) brother also approved this message.
- 1 c green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 c purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 c vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp celery seed
- 1 package of BBQ jackfruit (I used Upton’s Naturals Jackfruit)
- Empty contents of the BBQ jackfruit into a pan and heat it up. I added extra BBQ sauce because I like it saucy… your choice though.
- While it’s heating add all cabbage ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly so everything is coated. Place in fridge until jackfruit is ready.
- Pile the jackfruit on your bun, feel free to toast it, add a mound of slaw and enjoy!