Another kale salad y’all!
The first one was just so dang good, I needed to make anotha one. This time getting a little more creative with new veggies. I’ve still got my ass intermittent fasting and eating healthy, but this salad doesn’t make me sad about being healthy, and it’s so filling. Thinking about putting a meal plan together if I can see a noticeable difference in a couple more weeks, got all this quarantine time!
- 2 c water
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 c shredded carrots
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 c frozen corn
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 c roughly chopped kale, with ribs removed (huge center stem)
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- Start the quinoa, in a small saucepan boil 2 cups of water, add in quinoa and cook about 15 minutes until the water has been absorbed.
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 tbsp water, add shredded carrots and corn, top with juice of 1 lime, and half the spices, stir. You’ll cook these for about 5-7 minutes until the water has absorbed and the carrots have softened.
- Get a huge ass bowl, place the kale in, add quinoa, black beans, carrots and corn, red bell pepper, the other half of the spices, juice of 1 lime, and mix. Try to get everything jumbled together, and boom you have your tasty ass, healthy ass, kale salad. If you need more spices add them to taste.
Optional dressing w oil:
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 lime juiced. Combine all and mix, drizzle on top.
It’s 1 serving so create more as you need.