Back in the kitchen and recreated this banger. I was scrolling through Pinterest and saw this recipe, in all of its carb-loaded glory, and knew I needed to chef it up (although this dish doesn’t call for much effort at all).
So, if you’re also a fan of pasta covered in a creamy, southwest dressing, getcho butt in the kitchen and try this one out.
Made by Rene at The Savory Vegan.
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper* to taste
- hot sauce to taste
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 lb favorite pasta, dry
- 12 oz vegan soyrizo
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 2 tbsp cilantro plus more for topping
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place a pan on the stove over medium heat. Add soyrizo and cook until slightly browned (approx. 5-7 minutes). Remove from the heat and place in a bowl to cool.
- When pasta is done, drain and rinse it with cold water.
- To assemble add pasta, soyrizo, bell pepper, black beans, jalapeño, cherry tomatoes, red onion, corn and cilantro to a large bowl. If serving right away, add dressing and mix until combined.
- If serving at a later time, keep salad and dressing separate until right before serving.
- Top finished salad with additional cilantro.