Who wants more potatoes?! Since they seem to make it into every breakfast I cook, here is another wonderful recipe with spuds b*tches. The ultimate breakfast burrito, mmm.
I made this a spicy burrito, but don’t worry, the weak ones can skip the hot sauce. (;
Also, make sure you follow instructions on cooking the potatoes because if you stir too much they’ll get soggy, unless that’s your thing, follow along.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 2 russet potatoes, diced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground chili pepper
- 1 tbsp tapatio *optional
- 1/4 c vegetable broth OR dash of salt
*the veggie broth adds salt as well as keeps things from sticking without the extra oil… so if you use salt instead, add an extra tbsp oil*
- 1/2 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- cilantro (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat for about 30 seconds, add in the garlic and onion. Cook for about 1 minute or until onion is soft and fragrant.
- Add in the potatoes, spices, and optional tapatio. Mix, then add in the veggie broth or the oil, mix once more, and let sit and cook for about 10 minutes. Flip the mixture a good amount of times and cook another 10 minutes without mixing. If the potatoes are still too hard, repeat this until crispier and soft.
- Add in your beans and cook for about 2 minutes to heat them through. Then they are ready!
- Heat up your tortilla, fill with the potatoes, add in avocado, cilantro, salsa, and whatever else your little heart desires. Enjoy that sh*t.
2 thoughts on “Ultimate Vegan Breakfast Burrito”
Great post 😊