Accompanied with spicy cashew queso! This was an accident… I was going for a cream but it tasted cheesy af. Not gonna lie, this took a bit to cook but it’s well worth the wait with so many bomb ass flavors in one dish. I had a bunch of random ingredients and kinda threw it all in here before they went bad, and every time I do this I’m far from disappointed.
It’s about 45 minutes from start to finish, I’d definitely start with the cashews first, so they can soak for at least 30 minutes. While they are soaking you’ll be cookin’ up that chili.
Glad to be back, I’ve been cooking just haven’t taken the time to get any recipes up here… maybe this is the time I get consistent??
- 1 1/2 c cashews
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 6 tbsp water, more or less until desired consistency
Bomb Ass Tasty Ass Bacon Soyrizo Chili
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot or half an onion, diced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet potato, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregeno
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices SweetEarth Bacon, or your fav ****already pan fried and cooked****
- 1/2 c finely diced mushrooms, minced or food processed until tiny little bits
- 1/2 container soyrizo
- 1 c veggie broth or water
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can black beans, don’t drain
- First things first, soak those mf cashews in some hot ass water.
- Heat up a large skillet on medium heat, add oil and after warmed, add shallot or onion and garlic. Allow to become fragrant, stirring frequently. After the onion is translucent and smelling bomb, add the sweet potato, red bell pepper, and jalapeno giving a good stir.
- Add all the spices, making sure to stir everything in coating the veggies. Add in the bacon, mushrooms, and soyrizo, allowing the mushrooms to release some of their moisture. Cook for about 5 minutes and stir regularly.
- Finish it off with the veggie broth, diced tomatoes, and beans. Allow to simmer on low for 30 minutes, you’ll know it’s finished when the sweet potatoes are soft, and some of the liquid has been cooked off and it’s ready to eat!!
- For the queso, you’ll drain the water from the cashews and throw them in a blender, add the lime, sriracha, and water, blend until smooth.
- I topped my bowl with the spicy cashew queso and cubes of avocado, along with some chips on the side. Enjoy that sh*t.